MAURYAN'S AGE [300 B.C - 200 B.C]
Mauryan's were ruled entire Indian subcontinent except Tamil nadu and Kerala.
North : Himalayas
South : Kaveri region
East : Bangladesh
West : Afghanistan
Ashoka's inscriptions says, the southern India was ruled by some kingdoms: Cholas, Pandayas, keralaputta (Chera).
- Literary Sources
- Epigraphical Sources
Megastanese - Indica:
- Greek ambassdor, in the court of Chandra Gupta Maurya sended by Selucus Nicator.
- There is no slavery in India.
- There are 7 castes in India.
- There are no famines in India.
- There is no usury system.
Arthashastra: Kautilya / Chanukya / Vishnu Gupta